Over the past few years, I've spent a ton of time thinking about and providing immersive touch therapy to people for numerous reasons. I've also spent quite a bit of time fielding questions and discussing our services. One of the questions I most frequently get is "why does this service even exist?" As you can imagine, I have a lot things to say about it.
I would love to come and talk to your group, club, professional organization or gathering about any or all of the following topics:
- The health benefits of platonic touch and oxytocin
- How our society suffers by relagating touch solely to romantic relationships
- The part platonic touch plays in reducing stress and improving overall health
- The unacknowledged need for ongoing mothering, regardless of your age
- How immersive touch can facilitate the grieving process
- Why platonic touch is especially important for elderly, disabled or traumatized individuals
- The role platonic touch plays in romantic, sexual relationships
Practical applications include:
- How to get your touch needs met if you don't have a partner or a community to provide it
- How to ask for what you want and need
- How to set clear boundaries and negotiate around non-sexual touch
- The future of non-sexual touch
I have a vision of how much happier and healthier we would be if we accepted touch as a basic human need. I'd love to give you an opportunity to take a glimpse into that world.
-- Epiphany Jordan